By Constantine A. Balanis
Updated with colour and grey scale illustrations, a better half site housing supplementary fabric, and new sections protecting fresh advancements in antenna research and design
This publication introduces the basic ideas of antenna conception and explains the way to practice them to the research, layout, and measurements of antennas. a result of number of tools of study and layout, and the several antenna buildings on hand, the purposes lined during this booklet are made to a few of the main uncomplicated and sensible antenna configurations. between those antenna configurations are linear dipoles; loops; arrays; broadband antennas; aperture antennas; horns; microstrip antennas; and reflector antennas. The textual content includes adequate mathematical aspect to permit undergraduate and starting graduate scholars in electric engineering and physics to stick with the circulation of research and layout. Readers must have a simple wisdom of undergraduate electromagnetic concept, together with Maxwell’s equations and the wave equation, introductory physics, and differential and quintessential calculus.
- Presents new sections on versatile and conformal bowtie, Vivaldi antenna, antenna miniaturization, antennas for cellular communications, dielectric resonator antennas, and scale modeling
- Provides colour and grey scale figures and illustrations to raised depict antenna radiation characteristics
- Includes entry to a better half site housing MATLAB courses, Java-based applets and animations, energy aspect notes, Java-based interactive questionnaires and a suggestions handbook for instructors
- Introduces over a hundred extra end-of-chapter problems
Antenna idea: research and layout, Fourth version is designed to fulfill the desires of senior undergraduate and starting graduate point scholars in electric engineering and physics, in addition to training engineers and antenna designers.
Constantine A. Balanis bought his BSEE measure from the Virginia Tech in 1964, his MEE measure from the college of Virginia in 1966, his PhD in electric Engineering from The Ohio country collage in 1969, and an Honorary Doctorate from the Aristotle collage of Thessaloniki in 2004. From 1964 to 1970, he used to be with the NASA Langley study middle in Hampton, VA, and from 1970 to 1983, he was once with the dept of electric Engineering of West Virginia collage. In 1983 he joined Arizona country college and is now Regents' Professor of electric Engineering. Dr. Balanis can also be a existence fellow of the IEEE.
Read or Download Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design PDF
Similar electronics books
The 1st version of Silicon Germanium fabrics & units - A marketplace & expertise review to 2006 examines the advance of the silicon germanium company over a six-year interval 2001 to 2006. It analyses the traits in markets, applied sciences and constitution and profiles the entire significant avid gamers.
This booklet describes a number of electronic Delta-Sigma Modulator (DDSM) architectures, together with multi degree noise shaping (MASH), mistakes suggestions modulator (EFM) and unmarried quantizer (SQ)-DDSM modulators, with a spotlight on predicting and maximizing their cycle lengths. The authors target to demystify a massive element of those specific DDSM constructions, specifically the life of spurs as a result of the inherent periodicity of DDSMs with consistent inputs.
This ebook presents a close research of all elements of capacitive DC-DC converter layout: topology choice, keep watch over loop layout and noise mitigation. Readers will enjoy the authors’ systematic review that begins from the floor up, in-depth circuit research and a radical assessment of lately proposed thoughts and layout methodologies.
This e-book describes up to date expertise utilized to high-K fabrics for greater than Moore purposes, i. e. microsystems utilized to microelectronics middle applied sciences. After detailing the fundamental thermodynamic idea utilized to high-K dielectrics skinny motion pictures together with extrinsic results, this publication emphasizes the specificity of skinny motion pictures.
- Wideband Continuous-time ΣΔ ADCs, Automotive Electronics, and Power Management: Advances in Analog Circuit Design 2016
- Prozessorentwurf: Von der Planung bis zum Prototyp (De Gruyter Studium) (German Edition)
- Computational Radiology for Orthopaedic Interventions (Lecture Notes in Computational Vision and Biomechanics)
- EMI-Resilient Amplifier Circuits: 118 (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing)
Additional resources for Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design
Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design by Constantine A. Balanis