By Magnus Marsden,Konstantinos Retsikas
Read or Download Articulating Islam: Anthropological Approaches to Muslim Worlds: 6 (Muslims in Global Societies Series) PDF
Best anthropology books
Revised to stimulate and interact an undergraduate scholar viewers, Feinberg’s up to date account of Anuta opens with a bankruptcy on his diversified reviews while he in the beginning undertood fieldwork during this tiny, remoted Polynesian neighborhood within the Solomon Islands. the subsequent chapters discover cominant cultural positive factors, together with language, kinship, marriage, politics, and religion—topics that align with material lined in introductory anthropology classes.
"This interesting and such a lot well timed criticalmedical anthropology examine effectively binds nonetheless emergent parts ofcontemporary anthropological examine within the international international: the character andsignificant influence of firm pharmaceutical brands on humansocial existence all over, and the contribution of organizations to the fast-paceddegradation of our existence aid method, planet Earth.
Supplying another narrative of the conquest of the Incas, Gonzalo Lamana either examines and shifts clear of the colonial imprint that also permeates such a lot debts of the conquest. Lamana makes a speciality of a key second of transition: the years that bridged the 1st touch among Spanish conquistadores and Andean peoples in 1531 and the instant, round 1550, while a functioning colonial regime emerged.
This booklet deals a wealthy ethnographic account of blue-collar staff’ daily life in a primary Russian business city dealing with simultaneous decline and the arriving of transnational corporations. Everyday Post-Socialism demonstrates how humans have the capacity to stay happy, regardless of the hindrance and relative poverty they confronted after the autumn of socialist tasks and the social tendencies linked to neoliberal transformation.
- South Coast New Guinea Cultures: History, Comparison, Dialectic (Cambridge Studies in Social and Cultural Anthropology)
- Learning at the Museum Frontiers: Identity, Race and Power
- Civil Society (RLE Social Theory): Volume 11 (Routledge Library Editions: Social Theory)
- Wissensgesellschaft Deutschland - Wunschdenken oder Realität?: Eine Diskussion basierend auf den Beiträgen des deutschen Kulturwissenschaftlers Nico Stehr (German Edition)
- The Cunning of Recognition: Indigenous Alterities and the Making of Australian Multiculturalism (Politics, History, and Culture)
- Holocaust Education in Lithuania: Community, Conflict, and the Making of Civil Society
Additional info for Articulating Islam: Anthropological Approaches to Muslim Worlds: 6 (Muslims in Global Societies Series)
Articulating Islam: Anthropological Approaches to Muslim Worlds: 6 (Muslims in Global Societies Series) by Magnus Marsden,Konstantinos Retsikas