By Benjamin C. Pierce
Read or Download Basic Category Theory for Computer Scientists (Foundations of Computing) PDF
Similar logic books
This ebook is geared toward offering suggestions, equipment and algorithms ableto focus on undersampled and constrained info. One such development that lately won attractiveness and to some degree revolutionised sign processing is compressed sensing. Compressed sensing builds upon the commentary that many indications in nature are approximately sparse (or compressible, as they're in most cases observed) in a few area, and for that reason they are often reconstructed to inside excessive accuracy from a long way fewer observations than routinely held to be useful.
Automata idea lies on the starting place of machine technological know-how, and is key to a theoretical figuring out of ways desktops paintings and what constitutes formal equipment. This treatise offers a rigorous account of the subject and illuminates its genuine that means through the topic in various methods. the 1st a part of the publication is organised round notions of rationality and recognisability.
The advance of Maxim Kontsevich's preliminary rules on motivic integration has unexpectedly stimulated many different parts of arithmetic, starting from the Langlands software over harmonic research, to non-Archimedean research, singularity thought and birational geometry. This publication assembles the several theories of motivic integration and their functions for the 1st time, permitting readers to match diversified methods and determine their person strengths.
The Banach–Tarski Paradox is a such a lot outstanding mathematical building: it asserts good ball may be taken aside into finitely many items that may be rearranged utilizing inflexible motions to shape a ball two times as huge. This quantity explores the results of the anomaly for degree conception and its connections with staff concept, geometry, set conception, and common sense.
- Perspectives on Mathematical Practices: Bringing Together Philosophy of Mathematics, Sociology of Mathematics, and Mathematics Education: 5 (Logic, Epistemology, and the Unity of Science)
- Boolean Functions: Theory, Algorithms, and Applications (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications)
- The Art of Proof (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics)
- From Logic to Practice: Italian Studies in the Philosophy of Mathematics (Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science)
- The Genius Test: Can You Master The World's Hardest Ideas?
- Introduction to Mathematical Logic, Fifth Edition (Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications)
Additional resources for Basic Category Theory for Computer Scientists (Foundations of Computing)
Basic Category Theory for Computer Scientists (Foundations of Computing) by Benjamin C. Pierce