By James Rodger,Zachary Steel
Read or Download Between Trauma and the Sacred: The Cultural Shaping of Remitting-Relapsing Psychosis in Post-Conflict Timor-Leste (Cultural Studies of Science and Medicine) PDF
Similar anthropology books
Revised to stimulate and have interaction an undergraduate scholar viewers, Feinberg’s up-to-date account of Anuta opens with a bankruptcy on his various stories whilst he in the beginning undertood fieldwork during this tiny, remoted Polynesian neighborhood within the Solomon Islands. the subsequent chapters discover cominant cultural gains, together with language, kinship, marriage, politics, and religion—topics that align with subject material lined in introductory anthropology classes.
"This interesting and such a lot well timed criticalmedical anthropology research effectively binds nonetheless emergent components ofcontemporary anthropological examine within the worldwide international: the character andsignificant influence of establishment pharmaceutical brands on humansocial existence all over, and the contribution of organizations to the fast-paceddegradation of our lifestyles aid method, planet Earth.
Delivering an alternate narrative of the conquest of the Incas, Gonzalo Lamana either examines and shifts clear of the colonial imprint that also permeates so much money owed of the conquest. Lamana makes a speciality of a key second of transition: the years that bridged the 1st touch among Spanish conquistadores and Andean peoples in 1531 and the instant, round 1550, while a functioning colonial regime emerged.
This e-book bargains a wealthy ethnographic account of blue-collar employees’ daily life in a significant Russian commercial city dealing with simultaneous decline and the arriving of transnational corporations. Everyday Post-Socialism demonstrates how humans be ready to stay happy, regardless of the challenge and relative poverty they confronted after the autumn of socialist initiatives and the social traits linked to neoliberal transformation.
- From the Fat of Our Souls: Social Change, Political Process, and Medical Pluralism in Bolivia (Comparative Studies of Health Systems and Medical Care)
- Saltwater Sociality: A Melanesian Island Ethnography
- The Other Russia: Local experience and societal change (Studies in Contemporary Russia)
- Die deutsche Kultur inbezug zur Universalzivilisation. Eine interkulturelle Standortbestimmung: On The Integration Of National And Universal Culture (German Edition)
- Fashion, Design and Events (Routledge Advances in Event Research Series)
- SHOOT TO KILL: Police accountability, firearms and fatal force
Extra info for Between Trauma and the Sacred: The Cultural Shaping of Remitting-Relapsing Psychosis in Post-Conflict Timor-Leste (Cultural Studies of Science and Medicine)
Between Trauma and the Sacred: The Cultural Shaping of Remitting-Relapsing Psychosis in Post-Conflict Timor-Leste (Cultural Studies of Science and Medicine) by James Rodger,Zachary Steel