By Liming Xiu
Nanometer Frequency Synthesis past Phase-Locked Loop introduces an cutting edge new approach of taking a look at frequency that offers to open new frontiers in glossy built-in circuit (IC) layout. whereas such a lot books on frequency synthesis take care of the phase-locked loop (PLL), this booklet specializes in the clock sign. It revisits the concept that of frequency, solves longstanding difficulties in on-chip clock iteration, and offers a brand new time-based details processing method for destiny chip design.
Beginning with the fundamentals, the e-book explains how clock sign is utilized in digital purposes and descriptions the shortcomings of traditional frequency synthesis innovations for facing clock new release difficulties. It introduces the step forward idea of Time-Average-Frequency, offers the Flying-Adder circuit structure for the implementation of this technique, and divulges a brand new circuit equipment, the Digital-to-Frequency Converter (DFC). finally, it builds upon those 3 key parts to give an explanation for using time instead of point to symbolize info in sign processing.
Provocative, inspiring, and chock-full of principles for destiny concepts, the ebook features:
- A new frame of mind concerning the primary idea of clock frequency
- A new circuit structure for frequency synthesis: the Flying-Adder direct interval synthesis
- A new digital part: the Digital-to-Frequency Converter
- A new info processing strategy: time-based vs. level-based
- Examples demonstrating the ability of this know-how to construct greater, more affordable, and swifter systems
Written with the rationale of revealing readers easy methods to imagine open air the field, Nanometer Frequency Synthesis past the Phase-Locked Loop is a must have source for IC layout engineers and researchers in addition to an individual who wish to be on the leading edge of recent circuit design.