By Daniel S. Richter
Read or Download Cosmopolis: Imagining Community in Late Classical Athens and the Early Roman Empire PDF
Similar ancient history books
The research of gender in classical antiquity has passed through fast and wide-ranging improvement some time past. The members think again the position of girls in different contexts and parts, resembling archaic and classical Greek literature and cult, Roman imperial politics, historic drugs and early Christianity.
This quantity facilities on desires in Greek medication from the fifth-century B. C. E. Hippocratic routine all the way down to the trendy period. drugs is right here outlined in a much broader feel than simply formal clinical praxis, and contains non-formal scientific therapeutic equipment reminiscent of people pharmacopeia, faith, ’magical’ equipment (e.
This quantity explores the amnesty which ended the civil warfare at Athens in 403 BC. Drawing upon historical historians and speechwriters, including the surviving inscriptions, it provides a brand new interpretation of the Athenian Amnesty in its unique surroundings and in view of the next reconstruction of legislation and democratic associations in Athens.
This ebook provides a accomplished account of good points of Latin that emerge from discussion: instructions and requests, command softeners and strengtheners, assertion hedges, interruptions, attention-getters, greetings and closings. In studying those good points, Peter Barrios-Lech employs a quantitative strategy and attracts on all of the facts from Roman comedy and the fragments of Latin drama.
- History of Rome, from Its Origin, Ancient Rome and Middle age: The Origin of Leadership, Governance and Human Character of age
- Die "lex de imperio Vespasiani" und der Prinzipat in der frühen römischen Kaiserzeit (German Edition)
- Every Traveller Needs a Compass: Travel and Collecting in Egypt and the Near East (ASTENE Publications)
- The Legend of Alexander the Great on Greek and Roman Coins
- "Kleine Leute" und große Helden in Homers Odyssee und Kallimachos' Hekale (Beiträge zur Altertumskunde) (German Edition)
- The Mirror of Herodotus: The Representation of the Other in the Writing of History
Additional info for Cosmopolis: Imagining Community in Late Classical Athens and the Early Roman Empire
Cosmopolis: Imagining Community in Late Classical Athens and the Early Roman Empire by Daniel S. Richter