By Johan F. A. K. van Benthem,Alice ter Meulen
The logical examine of language is changing into extra interdisciplinary, taking part in a task in fields comparable to computing device technological know-how, synthetic intelligence, cognitive technological know-how and online game thought. This re-creation, written by means of the top specialists within the box, provides an outline of the most recent advancements on the interface of good judgment and linguistics in addition to a old viewpoint. it's divided into 3 elements overlaying Frameworks, basic themes and Descriptive Themes.
- Completely revised and up-to-date - comprises over 25% new material
- Discusses the interface among good judgment and language
- Many of the authors are creators or lively builders of the theories
Read Online or Download Handbook of Logic and Language (Elsevier Insights) PDF
Similar logic books
This e-book is aimed toward featuring innovations, equipment and algorithms ableto take care of undersampled and restricted information. One such development that lately received acceptance and to some degree revolutionised sign processing is compressed sensing. Compressed sensing builds upon the statement that many indications in nature are approximately sparse (or compressible, as they're ordinarily observed) in a few area, and therefore they are often reconstructed to inside of excessive accuracy from a ways fewer observations than frequently held to be useful.
Automata concept lies on the starting place of computing device technology, and is key to a theoretical figuring out of ways pcs paintings and what constitutes formal equipment. This treatise supplies a rigorous account of the subject and illuminates its actual which means by way of taking a look at the topic in various methods. the 1st a part of the booklet is organised round notions of rationality and recognisability.
The improvement of Maxim Kontsevich's preliminary rules on motivic integration has all of sudden encouraged many different parts of arithmetic, starting from the Langlands application over harmonic research, to non-Archimedean research, singularity idea and birational geometry. This ebook assembles the various theories of motivic integration and their functions for the 1st time, permitting readers to check varied methods and verify their person strengths.
The Banach–Tarski Paradox is a such a lot awesome mathematical development: it asserts reliable ball will be taken aside into finitely many items that may be rearranged utilizing inflexible motions to shape a ball two times as huge. This quantity explores the results of the anomaly for degree conception and its connections with team conception, geometry, set idea, and common sense.
- From Requirements to Java in a Snap: Model-Driven Requirements Engineering in Practice
- Motivic Integration and its Interactions with Model Theory and Non-Archimedean Geometry: Volume 1: 383 (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- Fuzzy Modeling for Control (International Series in Intelligent Technologies)
- Brouwer meets Husserl: On the Phenomenology of Choice Sequences: 335 (Synthese Library)
- Lecture Notes on O-Minimal Structures and Real Analytic Geometry: 62 (Fields Institute Communications)
Additional info for Handbook of Logic and Language (Elsevier Insights)
Handbook of Logic and Language (Elsevier Insights) by Johan F. A. K. van Benthem,Alice ter Meulen