By Claude Levi-Strauss
Read Online or Download Introduction to the Work of Marcel Mauss PDF
Similar anthropology books
Revised to stimulate and interact an undergraduate pupil viewers, Feinberg’s up-to-date account of Anuta opens with a bankruptcy on his assorted studies whilst he at first undertood fieldwork during this tiny, remoted Polynesian neighborhood within the Solomon Islands. the subsequent chapters discover cominant cultural beneficial properties, together with language, kinship, marriage, politics, and religion—topics that align with subject material lined in introductory anthropology classes.
"This attention-grabbing and so much well timed criticalmedical anthropology learn effectively binds nonetheless emergent components ofcontemporary anthropological study within the worldwide international: the character andsignificant effect of firm pharmaceutical brands on humansocial lifestyles all over, and the contribution of organizations to the fast-paceddegradation of our existence help process, planet Earth.
Providing an alternate narrative of the conquest of the Incas, Gonzalo Lamana either examines and shifts clear of the colonial imprint that also permeates such a lot bills of the conquest. Lamana makes a speciality of a key second of transition: the years that bridged the 1st touch among Spanish conquistadores and Andean peoples in 1531 and the instant, round 1550, whilst a functioning colonial regime emerged.
This booklet bargains a wealthy ethnographic account of blue-collar staff’ lifestyle in a vital Russian commercial city dealing with simultaneous decline and the arriving of transnational corporations. Everyday Post-Socialism demonstrates how humans be able to stay chuffed, regardless of the situation and relative poverty they confronted after the autumn of socialist initiatives and the social developments linked to neoliberal transformation.
- Jewish Families (Key Words in Jewish Studies Book 4)
- Through Indian Sign Language: The Fort Sill Ledgers of Hugh Lenox Scott and Iseeo, 1889–1897 (The Civilization of the American Indian Series)
- Cultures of the Jews: A New History
- Can We Survive Our Origins?: Readings in René Girard's Theory of Violence and the Sacred (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- Medical Caregiving and Identity in Pennsylvania's Anthracite Region, 1880–2000
- Through a Glass Darkly: Reflections on Personal Identity in Early America (Published by the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture and the University of North Carolina Press)
Additional resources for Introduction to the Work of Marcel Mauss
Introduction to the Work of Marcel Mauss by Claude Levi-Strauss