By John P. Burgess
Read Online or Download Mathematics, Models, and Modality: Selected Philosophical Essays PDF
Similar logic books
This ebook is aimed toward providing techniques, equipment and algorithms ableto do something about undersampled and restricted info. One such development that lately won reputation and to some degree revolutionised sign processing is compressed sensing. Compressed sensing builds upon the remark that many signs in nature are approximately sparse (or compressible, as they're usually stated) in a few area, and hence they are often reconstructed to inside of excessive accuracy from a ways fewer observations than ordinarily held to be beneficial.
Automata idea lies on the beginning of laptop technological know-how, and is key to a theoretical realizing of ways desktops paintings and what constitutes formal equipment. This treatise supplies a rigorous account of the subject and illuminates its actual which means by means of taking a look at the topic in a number of methods. the 1st a part of the e-book is organised round notions of rationality and recognisability.
The advance of Maxim Kontsevich's preliminary principles on motivic integration has all at once inspired many different parts of arithmetic, starting from the Langlands software over harmonic research, to non-Archimedean research, singularity idea and birational geometry. This publication assembles the various theories of motivic integration and their functions for the 1st time, permitting readers to match varied ways and check their person strengths.
The Banach–Tarski Paradox is a such a lot remarkable mathematical development: it asserts sturdy ball will be taken aside into finitely many items that may be rearranged utilizing inflexible motions to shape a ball two times as huge. This quantity explores the implications of the ambiguity for degree conception and its connections with team idea, geometry, set thought, and common sense.
- Critical Systems: Formal Methods and Automated Verification: Joint 21st International Workshop on Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems and 16th ... (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- A Transition to Advanced Mathematics: A Survey Course
- On the Move to Meaningful Internet Systems: OTM 2016 Workshops: Confederated International Workshops: EI2N, FBM, ICSP, Meta4eS, and OTMA 2016, Rhodes, ... Papers (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Structured Object-Oriented Formal Language and Method: Third International Workshop, SOFL+MSVL 2013, Queenstown, New Zealand, October 29, 2013, Revised ... Papers (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- KI 2016: Advances in Artificial Intelligence: 39th Annual German Conference on AI, Klagenfurt, Austria, September 26-30, 2016, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Model Theory (Dover Books on Mathematics)
Additional resources for Mathematics, Models, and Modality: Selected Philosophical Essays
Mathematics, Models, and Modality: Selected Philosophical Essays by John P. Burgess