By Roger S. Bagnall,Peter Derow
- Presents over a hundred and fifty resources in translation.
- Captures the political, social, monetary and spiritual dynamism of the Hellenistic kingdoms and cities.
- Covers the whole Hellenistic international, with wide insurance of the Ptolemaic kingdom.
Read Online or Download The Hellenistic Period: Historical Sources in Translation (Blackwell Sourcebooks in Ancient History) PDF
Similar ancient history books
The examine of gender in classical antiquity has passed through quick and wide-ranging improvement long ago. The members reconsider the position of ladies in different contexts and parts, reminiscent of archaic and classical Greek literature and cult, Roman imperial politics, old drugs and early Christianity.
This quantity facilities on desires in Greek drugs from the fifth-century B. C. E. Hippocratic routine right down to the trendy period. drugs is the following outlined in a much wider experience than simply formal clinical praxis, and comprises non-formal scientific therapeutic equipment corresponding to folks pharmacopeia, faith, ’magical’ tools (e.
This quantity explores the amnesty which ended the civil warfare at Athens in 403 BC. Drawing upon old historians and speechwriters, including the surviving inscriptions, it offers a brand new interpretation of the Athenian Amnesty in its unique environment and in view of the following reconstruction of legislation and democratic associations in Athens.
This publication offers a finished account of positive aspects of Latin that emerge from discussion: instructions and requests, command softeners and strengtheners, assertion hedges, interruptions, attention-getters, greetings and closings. In reading those positive factors, Peter Barrios-Lech employs a quantitative process and attracts on the entire information from Roman comedy and the fragments of Latin drama.
- The True Herod
- Treason in Roman and Germanic Law: Collected Papers
- Staying Roman (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Life and Thought: Fourth Series)
- Das kaiserzeitliche Gymnasion (Wissenskultur Und Gesellschaftlicher Wandel) (German Edition)
Additional info for The Hellenistic Period: Historical Sources in Translation (Blackwell Sourcebooks in Ancient History)
The Hellenistic Period: Historical Sources in Translation (Blackwell Sourcebooks in Ancient History) by Roger S. Bagnall,Peter Derow