By Sharon Bohn Gmelch,George Gmelch
Read or Download The Parish Behind God's Back: The Changing Culture of Rural Barbados PDF
Similar anthropology books
Revised to stimulate and have interaction an undergraduate pupil viewers, Feinberg’s up to date account of Anuta opens with a bankruptcy on his diverse studies while he in the beginning undertood fieldwork during this tiny, remoted Polynesian group within the Solomon Islands. the subsequent chapters discover cominant cultural positive factors, together with language, kinship, marriage, politics, and religion—topics that align with material lined in introductory anthropology classes.
"This attention-grabbing and such a lot well timed criticalmedical anthropology research effectively binds nonetheless emergent parts ofcontemporary anthropological study within the international international: the character andsignificant effect of establishment pharmaceutical brands on humansocial existence in every single place, and the contribution of organisations to the fast-paceddegradation of our lifestyles aid process, planet Earth.
Providing another narrative of the conquest of the Incas, Gonzalo Lamana either examines and shifts clear of the colonial imprint that also permeates such a lot debts of the conquest. Lamana specializes in a key second of transition: the years that bridged the 1st touch among Spanish conquistadores and Andean peoples in 1531 and the instant, round 1550, whilst a functioning colonial regime emerged.
This ebook deals a wealthy ethnographic account of blue-collar staff’ way of life in a valuable Russian commercial city dealing with simultaneous decline and the arriving of transnational corporations. Everyday Post-Socialism demonstrates how humans have the capacity to stay happy, regardless of the situation and relative poverty they confronted after the autumn of socialist initiatives and the social developments linked to neoliberal transformation.
- The Swahili-Speaking Peoples of Zanzibar and the East African Coast (Arabs, Shirazi and Swahili): East Central Africa Part XII: Volume 12 (Ethnographic Survey of Africa)
- Retail and the Artifice of Social Change (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
- Securing the City: Neoliberalism, Space, and Insecurity in Postwar Guatemala
- Industry and Work in Contemporary Capitalism: Global Models, Local Lives? (CRESC)
- Reconstructing Organization: The Loungification of Society
- Doctors at War: Life and Death in a Field Hospital (The Culture and Politics of Health Care Work)
Extra resources for The Parish Behind God's Back: The Changing Culture of Rural Barbados
The Parish Behind God's Back: The Changing Culture of Rural Barbados by Sharon Bohn Gmelch,George Gmelch