By Elizabeth C. Zsiga
The Sounds of Language is an introductory advisor to the linguistic learn of speech sounds, which gives uniquely balanced insurance of either phonology and phonetics.
- Features workouts and challenge units, in addition to assisting on-line assets at www.wiley.com/go/zsiga, together with extra dialogue questions and workouts, in addition to hyperlinks to extra assets reminiscent of sound documents, video documents, and precious websites
- Creates possibilities for college students to perform info research and speculation testing
- Integrates info on sociolinguistic version, first language acquisition, and moment language learning
- Explores varied issues starting from the sensible, corresponding to how you can make solid electronic recordings, make a palatogram, remedy a phoneme/allophone challenge, or learn a spectrogram; to the theoretical, together with the position of markedness in linguistic conception, the need of abstraction, gains and formal notation, matters in speech belief as designated from listening to, and modelling sociolinguistic and different variations
- Organized in particular to slot the desires of undergraduate scholars of phonetics and phonology, and is dependent in a manner which permits teachers to exploit the textual content either for a unmarried semester phonetics and phonology direction or for a two-course sequence
Read Online or Download The Sounds of Language: An Introduction to Phonetics and Phonology (Linguistics in the World) PDF
Similar other_1 books
Remark les textes de los angeles littérature orale africaine doivent-ils être enseignés aujourd'hui pour répondre à leur vocation formatrice dans le monde moderne ? Aujourd'hui, en Afrique, il y a un divorce manifeste entre les élites acculturées et les plenty enracinées à des degrés divers dans leurs cultures traditionnelles.
Written through Ganglia designers and maintainers, this e-book exhibits you ways to assemble and visualize metrics from clusters, grids, and cloud infrastructures at any scale. are looking to song CPU usage from 50,000 hosts each ten seconds? Ganglia is simply the instrument you would like, when you understand how its major parts interact.
Safety Smarts for the Self-Guided IT specialist how one can excel within the box of machine forensics investigations. examine what it takes to transition from an IT specialist to a working laptop or computer forensic examiner within the inner most zone. Written via a qualified info structures safeguard expert, laptop Forensics: InfoSec professional advisor is full of real-world case reviews that reveal the ideas coated within the ebook.
Eitan Shishkoff asks the questions, "What approximately Us? " for guy Gentile believers who fight with God's plan for mankind mostly and Israel specifically. What’s the answer to this secret? Christians are awakening to where of Israel in God’s end-time occasions. what's their position within the dramatic go back of Jesus’ Jewish disciples?
- A Practical Guide to Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming
- Instant Citrix XenDesktop 5 Starter
- Hot Hands and The Weirdo Winter
- Mastering Active Directory for Windows Server 2008
Extra info for The Sounds of Language: An Introduction to Phonetics and Phonology (Linguistics in the World)
The Sounds of Language: An Introduction to Phonetics and Phonology (Linguistics in the World) by Elizabeth C. Zsiga